Associate in Science for Transfer in Administration of Justice
To earn this AS-T, students must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 CSU-transferable semester units with an overall grade point average of at least 2.0;
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in the major with a grade of “C” (or “P”) or better; and
Required Core Courses:
List A - Required Courses
List B - Select any two (2) courses from the following
(one statistics course is highly recommended):
|MAT 009||Integrated Statistics II (5.0 Lecture)||5.0|
|MAT 010||Elementary Statistics (4.0 Lecture)||4.0|
|MAT 010H||Elementary Statistics - Honors (4.0 Lecture)||4.0|
|PSY 001||General Psychology (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|PSY 001H||General Psychology - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 001||Introduction to Sociology (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 001H||Introduction to Sociology - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 016||Introduction to Statistics in Social And Behavioral Sciences (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 047||Sociology of Criminology (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
For sections with honors courses, select either the honors version or the non-honors version.
Required Units for the Major
|Required unts for the major||18.0-19.0|
|plus completion of general education requirements
and electives as needed to reach 60 units.
|Total required units||60.0|
*Several courses will double-count for the major and GE. See catalog description for information regarding specific GE area.
- While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completing ENG 001B prior to transfer is highly recommended.
- For CSUs with similar majors, visit www.adegreewithaguarantee.com.
- C-ID approved courses from any community college can be substituted for major requirements. Visit https://c-id.net/courses for approved C-ID courses. For course substitutions for an AA-T/AS-T, submit the Course Substitution Form to email@example.com.
- LIB 010 and REA 054 are NOT required for this degree.
- Completion of this degree satisfies requirements for the Certificate of Achievement in Transfer Studies.
- Completion of this degree waives GE requirements for subsequent degrees.
- Submit the Application for Degree and Certificate by September for Fall completion and February for Spring completion.
|Similar MC degrees/certificates to consider:||