Associate in Science in Physics for Transfer
To earn this AS-T, students must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 CSU-transferable semester units with an overall grade point average of at least 2.0;
- Completion of a minimum of 27 semester units in the major with a grade of “C” (or “P”) or better; and
- Certified completion of either the California State University General Education Breadth pattern (CSU GE-B) or the CSU Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (CSU IGETC).
Required Core Courses
|PHY 004A||Engineering Physics-Mechanics (4.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||5.0|
|PHY 004B||Engineering Physics-Electricity and Magnetism (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|PHY 004C||Engineering Physics-Light and Heat (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|MAT 003A||Analytic Geometry and Calculus I (5.0 Lecture)||5.0|
|MAT 003AH||Analytic Geometry and Calculus I - Honors (5.0 Lecture)||5.0|
|MAT 003B||Analytic Geometry and Calculus II (5.0 Lecture)||5.0|
|MAT 004A||Multivariable Calculus (4.0 Lecture)||4.0|
For sections with honors courses, select either the honors version or the non-honors version.
Required Units for the Major
|Required unts for the major||27.0|
|plus completion of general education requirements
and electives as needed to reach 60 units.
|Total required units||60.0|
*Several courses will double-count for the major and GE. See catalog description for information regarding specific GE areas.
- While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completing ENG 001B prior to transfer is highly recommended.
- Completing courses prior to transfer that satisfy the U.S. History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement as part of the CSU GE-B or CSU IGETC is highly recommended.
- For CSUs with similar majors, visit www.adegreewithaguarantee.com.
- C-ID approved courses from any community college can be substituted for major requirements. See <HYPERLINK> for approved C-ID courses. For non-C-ID approved courses, submit the Course Substitution Form. <INSERT HYPERLINK>
- LIB 010 and REA 054 are NOT required for this degree.
- Completion of this degree satisfies requirements for the Certificate of Achievement in Transfer Studies.
- Submit the AA-T/AS-T Application for Degree and Certificate of Achievement <insert hyperlink> to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Completion of this degree waives GE requirements for subsequent degrees.