Associate in Arts in Social Justice for Transfer
To earn this AA-T, students must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 CSU-transferable semester units with an overall grade point average of at least 2.0;
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in the major with a grade of “C” (or “P”) or better; and
- Certified completion of either the California State University General Education Breadth pattern (CSU GE-B) or the CSU Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (CSU IGETC)
Required Core Course
Students need to take SJS 001 and either SJS 002, SJS 003 or SOC 021 for a total of 9.0 units.
Select three courses from at least two of the follow areas (Area 1, Area 2, Area 3, Area 4). Only one course from Area 4 may be used for a total of 9.0 to 12.0 units
Area 1 - History of Government
Area 2 - Arts and Humanities
|HUM 016A||Hispanic Roots and Culture (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|HUM 018||African-American Culture and Humanities (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|HUM 018H||African-American Culture and Humanities - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|HUM 020||Asian Roots and Culture (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|HUM 022||Introduction to Islam (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|HUM 024||The Asian-American Experience (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
Area 3 - Social Science
|ECN 001A||Principles of Macroeconomics (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|ECN 001B||Principles of Microeconomics (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|POL 001||American Government (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|POL 001H||American Government - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|PSY 001||General Psychology (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|PSY 001H||General Psychology - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|PSY 045||Introduction to Human Sexuality (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 001||Introduction to Sociology (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 001H||Introduction to Sociology - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 045||Introduction to Human Sexuality (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
Area 4 - Quantitative Reasoning and Research methods
only 1 class my be used
|MAT 010||Elementary Statistics (4.0 Lecture)||4.0|
|MAT 010H||Elementary Statistics - Honors (4.0 Lecture)||4.0|
|POL 005||Political Science Research Methodology (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|PSY 015||Introduction to Research Methods (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|PSY 015H||Introduction to Research Methods - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 016||Introduction to Statistics in Social And Behavioral Sciences (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
For sections with honors courses, select either the honors version or the non-honors version.
Required Units for the Major
|Required unts for the major||18.0-21.0|
|plus completion of general education requirements
and electives as needed to reach 60 units.
|Total required units||80.0|
*Several courses will double-count for the major and GE. See catalog description for information regarding specific GE area.
- While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completing ENG 001B prior to transfer is highly recommended.
- Completing courses prior to transfer that satisfy the U.S. History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement as part of the CSU GE-B or CSU IGETC is highly recommended.
- For CSUs with similar majors, visit www.adegreewithaguarantee.com.
- C-ID approved courses from any community college can be substituted for major requirements. See catalog for approved C-ID courses. For non-C-ID approved courses, submit the Course Substitution Form.
- LIB 010 and REA 054 are NOT required for this degree.
- Completion of this degree satisfies requirements for the Certificate of Achievement in Transfer Studies.
- Submit the AA-T/AS-T Application for Degree and Certificate of Achievement <insert hyperlink> to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Completion of this degree waives GE requirements for subsequent degrees.