Business Computing - Certificate
The Certificate of Achievement in Business Computing is designed to prepare students with the necessary computing skills to work in business. This program requires successful completion of 16 or more units of coursework, as outlined below. Upon successful completion, the program is noted on the student’s college transcript in the certificate/honors section, informing future employers, admissions offices to colleges, and professional institutions that the student has received specialized training in business computing. Students will learn the skills and knowledge necessary to work with operating systems, create spreadsheets, generate reports, and manage files.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will apply information system terms and concepts.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use a spreadsheet, word processing and presentation program.
To earn this certificate, students must complete the minimum required courses with a grade of C (or P) or better.
Required Core Curriculumn Courses:
Plus at least 12 units from the following:
- BUS 025, Introduction to Systems Analysis, 3 units
- BUS 027, Starting an e-Business, 1 units
- BUS 082A, Business Spreadsheets Using Excel, 3 units
- BUS 083A, Business Presentations Using Powerpoint, 3 units
- BUS 086, Building Business Websites, 3 units
|CAP 045A||Introductory Microsoft Project (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 046D||Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 046E||Intermediate Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 062B||An Introduction to Microsoft Excel (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 063B||Intermediate Microsoft Excel (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|Total Required Units||16.0|
Career opportunities include the following: office clerk, administrative assistant, help desk technician, and analyst.