Transfer Studies: CSU GE-B Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement in Transfer Studies – CSU GE-B is designed to provide students the knowledge, skills, experiences, and perspectives that will enable them to expand their capacities to take part in a wide range of human interests and activities; to confront personal, cultural, moral, and social problems that are an inevitable part of human life; and to cultivate both the requisite skills and enthusiasm for lifelong learning. These courses offer the opportunity for students to develop knowledge of, or skills related to, quantitative reasoning, information literacy, intellectual inquiry, global awareness and understanding, human diversity, civic engagement, communication competence, ethical decisionmaking, environmental systems, technology, lifelong learning and self-development, and physical and emotional health throughout a lifetime. The variety of different subjects provide a well-rounded or "liberal" education and develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that together help create an educated person.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will engage in meaningful verbal and nonverbal expression through written, oral, signed, and/or artistic communication of ideas and concepts.
- Students will apply principles of scientific and critical inquiry, including quantitative and qualitative techniques, to the analysis of relevant questions, problems, or issues.
- Students will analyze the interconnectivity between social, political, economic, and ecological systems to effectively live and work in diverse communities.
- Students will apply techniques for physical and mental development that include the application of ethical principles to personal, academic, and professional matters.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
|Total Required Units||39.0 - 48.0|
This certificate is designed for students who intend to complete university general education requirements prior to transfer to a California State University (CSU) campus. Completion of the California State University General Education – Breadth (CSU GE-B) will permit a student to transfer from a California Community College to a CSU campus generally without the need, after transfer, to take additional lower-division, general education courses to satisfy campus general education requirements.