Project Coordinator Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement - Project Coordinator offers a multidiscipline program of business, computer application and communication courses. Also, this program has a comprehensive internship that provides students with on-the-job training in the field of project management. This certificate will lead students to an entry level position in project management.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will apply the project management techniques, skills and tools to successfully complete a project on schedule, within budget and meet the customer's objectives.
- Students will display their written and oral communication skills with a variety of audiences.
- Students will identify, analyze and solve business problems utilizing several different software packages (MS Project, MS Excel).
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Curriculumn Courses (22.0 units):
|BUS 021L||Introduction to Business Computing Laboratory (1.0 Lab)||1.0|
|BUS 037||Fundamentals of Project Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 051||Introduction to American Business (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 105||Agile Project Management (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|CAP 045A||Introductory Microsoft Project (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 063B||Intermediate Microsoft Excel (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|COM 008||Interpersonal Communication (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|Work Experience (WRK 300GW)||4.0|
|Total Required Units||22.0|
Career opportunities include the following: Project Coordinator, Junior Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager and Associate Project Manager.