Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts: Social & Behavioral Sciences
The Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts with an emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences provides students with a broad perspective on human behavior. It is designed to stimulate appreciation for, and understanding of, values, ideas, and artifacts of culture and society. Critical thinking skills and self-understanding through these courses provide a framework for lifelong study in liberal arts. Successful completion of the curriculum in Social and Behavioral Sciences offers students a breadth of knowledge that could be focused into single discipline degrees as well as applied to an interdisciplinary degree
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will evaluate and critique the interactions between individuals and the societies and/or social subgroups of which they are a part.
- Students will think critically about ways people have acted in response to their societies.
- Students will apply the principles, methodologies, value systems, ethics, and thought processes employed in human inquiry
To earn this degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 degree applicable units with an overall GPA of 2.0.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in the major with a grade of C (or P) or better.
- Completion of the AA/AS Graduation Requirements, CSU GE-B or IGETC.
Core Curriculum Courses (Required):
Select a minimum of 18 units from the approved CSU GE-B Area D list. Include courses from at least two different disciplines.
Required Units for the Major
|Required unts for the major||18.0|
|plus completion of general education requirements
and electives as needed to reach 60 units.
|Total required units||60.0|
The program is intended for students who are considering transfer, but have not decided on a major; students who are required to complete a degree for job promotion; or students who may wish to further their education and are considering a major that is interdisciplinary in focus.