Associate in Science for Transfer in Administration of Justice
Associate in Science in Administration of Justice for Transfer (AS-T) The Associate in Science in Administration of Justice for Transfer (AS-T in Administration of Justice) is designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU institution for students who plan to transfer and complete a CSU major or baccalaureate degree in Administration of Justice.
California Community College students who are awarded an Associate in Science in Administration of Justice for Transfer (AS-T in Administration of Justice) are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU institution or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or institutions.
The Associate in Science in Administration of Justice for Transfer (AS-T in Administration of Justice) is an innovative social science program that emphasizes critical thinking about corrections, crime and delinquency, legal studies, and working with diverse communities. This multidisciplinary program explores the connections between law, crime, and justice.
The program develops the high level of academic, personal, and professional competence demanded in a wide range of agencies.
Students who successfully complete this program meet the lower division requirements for seamless transfer to a CSU program of study in Corrections, Criminal law, Criminology, and Justice Studies.
What is an AS-T?
The Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for student who plan to transfer and complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing these transfer degrees:
- will earn an Associate's Degree from Mission College;
- are guaranteed admission to a similar major at a campus in the CSU system;
- will be prepared to start upper division coursework at the CSU;
- and will not have to complete more than 60 units after transfer.
Meet the Following Requirements
- To earn this degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of the following major courses with grades of C or P or better.
- Completion of a maximum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units with a grade point average of at least 2.0; and
- Certified completion of either the California State University General Education Breadth pattern (CSU GE-B) or the CSU Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (CSU IGETC).
- Completing courses that satisfy CSU’s U.S. History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement prior to transfer is highly recommended.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
Required Core Courses
List A - Required Courses
List B - Select Any Two (2) Courses from the Following
Only one Statistics course (MAT 009, 010, 010H, SOC 016) can be used as is highly recommended.
|MAT 009||Integrated Statistics II (5.0 Lecture)||5.0|
|MAT 010||Elementary Statistics (4.0 Lecture)||4.0|
|MAT 010H||Elementary Statistics - Honors (4.0 Lecture)||4.0|
|PSY 001||General Psychology (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|PSY 001H||General Psychology - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 001||Introduction to Sociology (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 001H||Introduction to Sociology - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 016||Introduction to Statistics in Social And Behavioral Sciences (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|SOC 047||Sociology of Criminology (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
Required Units for the Major
|Required Units for the Major||18.0-20.0|
|GE and electives as needed to reach 60 units.|
|Total required units||60.0|
- Empathy and Compassion
- Ability to Evaluate and Understand Surroundings
- Listening and Observation
- Effective Communication
- Ability to Resolve Conflicts
If you don't know what to major in, or you already have a major but don't know how it translates into a career, start here. At Mission we can help you research your major and career options so you can make informed decisions. Read more about Career paths.
Select Jobs in the Field
- Consumer Researcher
- Market Researcher
- Hospital Administrator
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Career Counselor
- Human Resources Manager
- Market Analyst
- Social Worker
- Urban Planner