Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer
AS-T in Business 2.0
Associate in Science in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer (AS-T) The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer 2.0 (AS-T in Business 2.0) offers a challenging and well-balanced distribution of business courses, specially selected to meet the requirements of transfer institutions.
The curriculum provides essential knowledge and skills in the accounting, financial, economics, management, and marketing facets of business.
Students can pursue their interest in several specialized areas of business (global business, human resources management, project management, marketing, entrepreneurship, and business computing) through their choice of business electives.
The AS-T in Business 2.0 is designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU institution for students who plan to transfer and complete a CSU major or baccalaureate degree in Business Administration.
California Community College students who are awarded an AS-T in Business 2.0 are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU institution or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major.
This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or institutions.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate a company's (or a non-profit organization) and business sector performance with the application of the appropriate statistical, financial, and accounting techniques and methods.
- Identify and describe the major legal, and/or ethical, and/or social issues confronting today's contemporary organizations.
- Analyze economic models as they apply to market economies and specific product and business sector markets.
- Use well organized and accurate business communication channels, including written research analysis, and/or verbal presentations.
What is an AS-T?
The Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for students who plan to transfer and complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing these transfer degrees:
- will earn an Associate’s Degree from Mission College;
- are guaranteed admission to a similar major at a campus in the CSU system;
- will be prepared to start upper division coursework at the CSU;
- and will not have to complete more than 60 units after transfer.
View a complete and up-to-date listing of the similar CSU majors.
Meet the Following Requirements
- Completion of the following major courses with grades of C or P or better.
- Completion of 60 CSU-transferable semester units with a grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Certified completion of either the California State University General Education Breadth pattern (CSU GE-B) or the CSU Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (CSU IGETC).
Completing courses that satisfy CSU’s U.S. History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement prior to transfer is highly recommended. Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
Core Curriculum Courses Required (19.0 Units)
Complete at Least One of the Following (4.0 or 5.0 Units)
Complete at Least One of the Following (4.0 Units)
Complete at Least One of the Following (3.0 Units)
Required Units for the Major
|Required for the Major||30.0-31.0|
|Required GE and electives as needed to reach 60 units|
|Total Minimum Required Units for AS-T||60.0|
- Leadership and Management.
- Data analysis.
- Organization and planning.
- Effective Communication.
- Financial literacy and market awareness.
- Effective Communication.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving.
Select Jobs in the Field
- Business Owner.
- Project Manager.
- Sales Representative.
- Advertising, Marketing and Market Research.
- Retail and Retail Management.
- Investment Banking and Banking.
- Distribution and Logistics.
- Insurance Underwriting.