AS-T in Business Administration for Transfer
The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer (AS-T in Business Administration) is designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU institution for students who plan to transfer and complete a CSU major or baccalaureate degree in Business Administration.
California Community College students who are awarded an Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer (AS-T in Business Administration) are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU institution or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major.
This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or institutions. The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer (AS-T in Business Administration) offers a challenging and wellbalanced distribution of business courses, specially selected to meet the requirements of transfer institutions.
The curriculum provides essential knowledge and skills in the financial, management, and marketing facets of business. Students can pursue their interest in several specialized areas of business (global business, human resources management, project management, and business computing) through their choice of business electives.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will analyze business situations involving legal issues and determine best course of action.
- Students will compare and contrast the role and function of systems and application software in business.
What is an AS-T
The Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for students who plan to
transfer and complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus.
Students completing these transfer degrees:
- will earn an Associate’s Degree from Mission College;
- are guaranteed admission to a similar major at a campus in the CSU system;
- will be prepared to start upper division coursework at the CSU;
- and will not have to complete more than 60 units after transfer.
View a complete and up-to-date listing of the similar CSU majors.
Meet the Following Requirements
- Completion of the following major courses with grades of C or P or better.
- Completion of 60 CSU-transferable semester units with a grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Certified completion of either the California State University General Education Breadth pattern (CSU GE-B) or the CSU Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (CSU IGETC).
- Completing courses that satisfy CSU’s U.S. History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement prior to transfer is highly recommended.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
Required Core Courses
List A - Select one (1) Course
Both Statistics and Business Calculus are strongly recommended. MAT 009 can be substituted for MAT 010. MAT 003A/H can be substituted for MAT 012.
List B - Select any course not selected from List A or 6-8 units from the following:
Required Units for the Major
|Required unts for the major||27.0-29.0|
|Required GE and electives as needed to reach 60 units|
|Total minimum required units for AS-T||60.0|
- Leadership and Management.
- Data analysis.
- Organization and planning.
- Effective Communication.
- Financial literacy and market awareness.
- Effective Communication.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving.
Select Jobs in the Field
- Business Owner.
- Project Manager.
- Sales Representative.
- Advertising, Marketing and Market Research.
- Retail and Retail Management.
- Investment Banking and Banking.
- Distribution and Logistics.
- Insurance Underwriting.