Associate in Science in Office Information Systems
The Associate in Science in Office Information Systems is designed for students seeking employment in an automated business information environment. Courses will prepare students for possible management and supervisory positions within the business office environment.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate ability to use computer skills in major software packages used in an office.
To earn this degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 degree applicable units with an overall GPA of 2.0.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in the major with a grade of C (or P) or better.
- Completion of the AS Graduation Requirements, CSU GE-B or IGETC
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses:
|COU 012||Careers and Life Styles (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 033A||Word Processing - Course 1 (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 033B||Word Processing - Course 2 (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 021||Introduction to Business Computing (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 046D||Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 062B||Introduction to Microsoft Excel (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 070||Using MS Windows (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 092A||Fundamentals of Web 2.0 & Cloud Technologies (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
Plus at least 7.0 units from the following:
|CAP 045A||Introductory Microsoft Project (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 045B||Intermediate Microsoft Project (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|CAP 071E||Microsoft Outlook (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 081B||Introduction to Microsoft Access (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|BUS 051||Introduction to American Business (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 054||Small Business Start Up and Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
Required Units for the Major
|Required unts for the major||27.0|
|plus completion of general education requirements
and electives as needed to reach 60 units.
|Total required units||60.0|
Career opportunities include the following: business information worker, executive secretary, and executive administrative assistant.