Computer Network Technology Degree
Associate in Science in Computer Network Technology
The Associate in Science in Computer Networking Technology prepares students to design, administer, maintain, and troubleshoot networks of different sizes. Students learn a diverse array of skills, including specification preparation, network management, network design, equipment and system sales, and software development.
Laboratory courses provide students with hands-on experience to demonstrate the principles of enterprise networking. Courses provide learning opportunities for students new to the field, as well as for those who are experienced professionals.
Specialized courses are also among the optional electives in this program, available to help students prepare for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP), Server Administrator and Enterprise Administrator certification exams.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will design and plan a network infrastructure to support specific user and business requirements.
- Students will implement enterprise networks with advanced routing and switching strategies.
- Students will manage and troubleshoot enterprise networks
Meet the Following Requirements
- Completion of 60 degree applicable units with an overall GPA of 2.0.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in the major with a grade of C (or P) or better.
- Completion of the AS Graduation Requirements, CSU GE-B or IGETC
Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year. Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses
Plus Three (3) Additional Courses from the Following:
|CIT 011||Introduction to Computer Hardware and Software ( A+) (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 013||AWS 1 Cloud Practitioner- Foundational (2.5 Lecture/0.5 Lab)||3.0|
|CIT 014||AWS 2 Solutions Architect- Associate (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 016||CyberSecurity and Ethical Hacking (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 017||Cyber Security Essentials (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 018||CCNA Cyber Security Operations (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 023||Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 024||Implementing and Administering Cisco Networking Technologies (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 078||Microsoft Server Essentials 1 (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
Required Units for the Major - 60
Plus completion of general education requirements and electives as needed to reach 60 units.
- Math skills.
- Computer and technology skills.
- Curiosity and creativity.
- Stickler to detail.
- Anticipate and diagnose problems.
- Systematic approach to problem solving.
Select Jobs in the Field
- Software Developer
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- UX, Web, Mobile Apps, or Game Designer
- Database Administrator
- Cloud Engineer
- Data Scientist
- IT Project Manager
- Systems Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer