Business Information Professional 1 - Certificate
The Business Information Professional I Certificate of Achievement is a career pathway designed to help students acquire communication, technical, and management skills and knowledge that are in demand for the 21st Century workplace. These include presentation, critical thinking, and oral/written communication skills; proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); and management skills including leadership, collaboration, decision-making, problem solving and human relations. Students who complete the Business Information Professional I Certificate are prepared for entry-level office and administrative support positions in a variety of business environments.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will apply effective business communication and presentation skills to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Students will create a variety of business documents using Microsoft Office software.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Core Curriculumn Courses (Required):
|BUS 021||Introduction to Business Computing (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 107||Soft Skills for Project Managers (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|BUS 118||Human Resources Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 010A||Learning the Keyboard (1.0 Lab)||1.0|
|CAP 033A||Word Processing - Course 1 (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 046D||Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 062B||Introduction to Microsoft Excel (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 070||Using MS Windows (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 071E||Microsoft Outlook (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|Total Required Units||19.0|
Office administrators, office clerks, office managers, retail salespersons, customer service representatives, receptionists, information clerks, and administrative assistants.