CPA Exam Preparation 2
Business Environment & Concepts (BEC)
Certificate of Achievement
Total Required Units: 20
This certificate is designed for students working toward their Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license. A CPA license is a specialized and highly regarded credential in the field of accounting.
Obtaining a CPA license enables individuals to work in public accounting, corporate accounting, business, government, not-for-profit, and education fields.
The CPA Exam consists of four segments (1) Auditing and Attestation, (2) Business Environment & Concepts, (3) Financial Accounting & Reporting, and (4) Regulation. The CPA Exam Preparation 2 Certificate prepares students for the Business Environment & Concepts (BEC) section of the CPA Exam.
The classes included in this certificate meet the 150-semester hour requirement for licensure in California.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will analyze the concepts, computations, and reporting requirements needed to pass the Business Environment & Concepts (BEC) part of the CPA exam.
- Students will evaluate different ethical situations and apply relevant ethical standards.
Meet the Following Requirements
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
Please Note: Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year. Not all classes are offered each semester.
Core Curriculum Courses (Required)
Electives (Select One)
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Time management.
- Systems analysis.
- Mathematical and deductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking.
- Active learning.
- Clerical knowledge.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Select Jobs in the Field
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Manager
- Accounits Payable Clerk
- Accounits Receivable Clerk
- Budget Analyst
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Chief Financial Officer – CFO
- Forensic Accounting
- Government Accounting
- Payroll Clerk
- Staff Accountant
- Tax Accountant