Microsoft Office Certificate
Register via Mission Portal
The Certificate of Achievement: Microsoft Office is designed to provide students with
the basic skills to work with this popular application suite, which has become an
integral part of many jobs.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will acquire the skills needed to use the software packages contained in
Meet the Following Requirements
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit
DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses
||Word Processing - Course 1 (3.0 Lecture)
||Word Processing - Course 2 (3.0 Lecture)
||Introductory Microsoft Project (1.0 Lecture)
||Intermediate Microsoft Project (2.0 Lecture)
||Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)
||Intermediate Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)
||Introduction to Microsoft Excel (1.0 Lecture)
||Intermediate Microsoft Excel (2.0 Lecture)
||Microsoft Outlook (1.0 Lecture)
||Introduction to Microsoft Access (1.0 Lecture)
|Total Required Units
Scroll right for full chart
- Computer and technology knowledge
- Reliability and discretion.
- Ability to "make things happen"
Select Jobs in the Field
- Office manager
- Sales associate
- Office assistant
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Assistant Manager
- Administrative assistant / specialist
- Legal Secretaries