Office Administration - Certificate
The Certificate of Achievement in Office Administration is designed for students seeking to acquire skills to work in a business office environment using computers and software applications.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of basic computer skills necessary in an entry level administrative position.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses:
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|COU 012||Careers and Life Styles (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 033A||Word Processing - Course 1 (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 033B||Word Processing - Course 2 (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 021||Introduction to Business Computing (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 062B||Introduction to Microsoft Excel (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 063B||Intermediate Microsoft Excel (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
Plus one (1) of the following courses:
Plus three (3) units from the following:
|Total Required Units||22.0|
Career opportunities include the following: business information worker, executive secretary, and executive administrative assistant.