Linux System Administration Certificate
Linux System Administration Certificate of Proficiency
The Certificate of Proficiency in Linux System Administration is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills in Linux programming and Linux Systems administration. The program consists of courses in Linux operating systems, system scripting, and system administration.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate the ability to install, configure, and maintain Linux systems.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to anticipate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that might impact the operation of a Linux based computer system.
To earn this certificate, students must complete the minimum required courses with a grade of C (or P) or better.
Required Core Curriculum Courses
|Total Required Units||13.0|
- Math skills.
- Computer and technology skills.
- Curiosity and creativity.
- Stickler to detail.
- Anticipate and diagnose problems.
- Systematic approach to problem solving.
Select Jobs in the Field
- Software Developer
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- UX, Web, Mobile Apps, or Game Designer
- Database Administrator
- Cloud Engineer
- Data Scientist
- IT Project Manager
- Systems Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer