Mission College Music
Mission College Music
Digital Music - Certificate of Achievement
The Digital Music Certificate is designed to provide a foundation in production for students with backgrounds in music, music technology, and/or multimedia design.
The curriculum is based on recent advancements in the development of digital music systems and their widespread applications in both music and multimedia productions.
The program provides students with hand-on experience and a working knowledge of the creative and technical issues surrounding the production of digital audio content and its application and synchronization within other media.
The certificate prepares students for career opportunities, professional development, and personal enrichment in the fields of digital music production and distribution, multimedia audio design, and music multimedia software design.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to operate the MIDI and audio functions of a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
- Students will will be able to construct an original piece of music using a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
- Students will be able to apply music theory and knowledge of significant pieces of various genre to the creative process.
Meet the Following Requirements
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses
|MUS 006||Commercial Music Theory I (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|MUS 016||Survey of Rock and Popular Music (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|MUS 080||MIDI and Music Production I (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|MUS 081||Audio Production I (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|MUS 082||MIDI and Music Production II (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|MUS 083||Audio Production II (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|Total Required Units||18.0|
- Creativity and flair for entertainment.
- Hand/eye Coordination.
- Ability to read and compose music.
- Ability to sing or play at least one instrument.
- Self-confidence and motivation.
- Stamina to perform for long periods.
- Understanding of different musical styles.
- Business sense.
- Strong networking skills.
Careers in the Field
- Musician, Composer, or Arranger.
- Television/Broadway productions.
- Artist or Tour Manager.
- Booking Agent.
- Recording Engineer.
- Member of a Symphony, Orchestra, or Band.
- Music Producer.
- Music Publicist.
- Teacher or Professor.
- Session Musician.