Web Developer Certificate
Graphic Design: Web Developer - Certificate
Businesses, schools, community groups and other organizations all need a presence on the web, and the need for skilled web developers continues with the increasing volume of online content.
Web developers are critical to creating and maintaining this online content. This certificate focuses on the scripting and programming used on the web.
A web developer may focus on the back end or server-side of web delivery to ensure that a website functions correctly and efficiently, or on the front end helping to create interactions for users.
The classes in the core requirements should be taken in the general order that they are listed.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to identify, explain, and apply current technologies in back end web development such as MySQL, PHP and CMS Systems as applied to the creation of websites.
Meet the Following Requirements
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses
Plus, Select Additional Courses to Complete the Required Minimum Total of 21.0 Semester Units (Minimum of 9.0 Units)
|GDS 047||Web Animation (2.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||3.0|
|GDS 049||Wordpress and Content Management System (2.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||3.0|
|CIS 001||Introduction to Computer Science and Technology (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 007||Python Programming (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 008||Advanced Python Programming (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 043||Software Development With Java Programming (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|GDS 051||Mobile Application and Web Development With Web Standards (2.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||3.0|
|CIS 055||Database Management Systems I (2.5 Lecture/0.5 Lab)||3.0|
|CIS 056||Database Management Systems II (2.5 Lecture/0.5 Lab)||3.0|
|CIS 037A||Introduction to C Programming (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 040||C++ Programming (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 044||Intro to Data Structures Using Java (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 045||Linux Essentials I (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 047||Linux System Administration (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 063||Mobile Apps Programming - Android (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|Total Required Units||21.0 - 22.0|
Job Market Outlook
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software.
- Exceptional creativity and innovation.
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment.
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Career PathsIf you don't know what to major in, or you already have a major but don't know how it translates into a career, start here. At Mission we can help you research your major and career options so you can make informed decisions. Read more about Career paths.
Careers in DesignAt Mission College, we facilitate degrees and certificates in Digital Illustration, Graphic Arts, Web Design/Development, and Multimedia. Develop a portfolio and prepare for transfer or job interviews. Learn more about Graphic Design jobs.
- Graphic Designer
- Creative Director
- User Experience (UX/UI) Designer
- Production Artist
- Product Developer
- Art Director
- Marketing Specialist
- Multimedia Artist / Animator