Management & Leadership Certificate
Certificate of Achievement in Management & Leadership
Mission College offers an 18-unit Certificate of Achievement in Management and Leadership that provides students with basic skills who are interested in the field of management.
Graduates of the program will seek leadership positions in different fields such as finance, manufacturing, information systems, marketing, and human resources.
Students learn skills such as leading cross functional teams, applying employee empowerment, identifying the importance ethical leadership, utilizing electronic communication technology and the impact of organizational staffing.
Through electives, you will have the opportunity to explore various areas of business and add a more in-depth level of skill that can use in becoming a successful entrepreneur.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information-based approach.
- Students will effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Students will develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly changing global environment.
Meet the Following Requirements
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year. Not all classes are offered each semester.
Core Curriculum Courses (9.0 Units)
Elective Courses (Minimum of 9.0 Units)
|BUS 010||Global Business (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 022||Principles of E-Business (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 038||Applied Project Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 054||Small Business Start Up and Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 074||Purchasing & Supply Chain Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 104||Project Risk Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 107||Soft Skills for Project Managers (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|BUS 115||Operations Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|COM 001||Public Speaking (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|COM 001H||Public Speaking - Honors (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|Total Required Units||18.0-20.0|
- Leadership and Management.
- Data analysis.
- Organization and planning.
- Effective Communication.
- Financial literacy and market awareness.
- Effective Communication.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving.
Select Jobs in the Field
- Business Owner.
- Project Manager.
- Sales Representative.
- Advertising, Marketing and Market Research.
- Retail and Retail Management.
- Investment Banking and Banking.
- Distribution and Logistics.
- Insurance Underwriting.