Entrepreneurship and Small Business - Certificate
This certificate program will provide students with an opportunity to develop their entrepreneurial skills with an understanding accounting, marketing, finance, leadership, business law, management and as they relate to business ownership. Graduates of this program will seek employment as business owners, freelancers, and consultants in areas such as the arts, accounting, hospitality, music, information technology and programming.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will assess the feasibility of a business concept in the current local market along with its strengths and weaknesses.
- Students will develop a business plan with components from each of the core courses that demonstrates the importance of planning before launching a business venture.
- Students will illustrate the entrepreneurship fundamentals in the areas of finance, accounting, marketing, management, communications, mindset, and the legal environment.
- Students will build and manage teams of people with complementary skills.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Curriculum Courses:
List A Select one (1) course:
List B - Select one (1) course:
|ACC 023||Small Business Accounting (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 022||Principles of E-Business (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 023||Social Media Marketing (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 056A||Marketing Principles (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 084||Internet Marketing (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 107||Soft Skills for Project Managers (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|Total Required Units||18.0-20.0|
Career Opportunities include the following: Business Owner, Art Freelancer, Music Freelancer, Financial Service Professional, Business Development Lead, Software Programmer and B2B Account Manager.