Data Analyst Associate Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement in Data Analytics Associate is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills required for a variety of entry level positions in the field of Data Analytics. The program includes foundation courses in Data Analytics and a wide range of skill-builder courses.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will analyze a problem and identify and define the computing and data requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Students will apply data analytics techniques and tools to implement and test a specified design.
- Students will communicate and report data findings and solutions using data presentation and visualization tools.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Curriculumn Courses (12.0 units):
Elective Courses (minimum of 7.0 units or any CIS course work):
Students can take any combination of the following courses.
|CIS 001||Introduction to Computer Science and Technology (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 056||Database Management Systems II (2.5 Lecture/0.5 Lab)||3.0|
|BUS 021L||Introduction to Business Computing Laboratory (1.0 Lab)||1.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 062B||Introduction to Microsoft Excel (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 063B||Intermediate Microsoft Excel (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
Work Experience Requirement
|WRK 300GW||Work Experience||1.0-4.0|
|Total Required Units||18.0 - 19.0|
Career opportunities include the following: Computer System Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Warehousing Specialists, Computer and Information Research Scientists, Operations Research Analysts.