IT Help Desk Technician Certificate
IT Help Desk Technician Certificate of Achievement
Total Required Units: 18.0 - 20.0
The goal of the Certificate of Achievement in IT helpdesk technician is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills required for a variety of entry level positions in the field IT support. The program includes foundation courses that aligned with industry certificates and a wide range of skill-builder courses.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will install, configure and support computing devices and software.
- Students will connect, maintain and support computing devices on a network.
- Students will advise and support users in their IT needs.
Meet the Following Requirements
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks inMy Mission Portalto view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Curriculum Courses (12.0 units)
Elective Courses (Minimum of 6.0 Units)
Students can take any combination of the following courses.
|CIT 017||Cyber Security Essentials (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 078||Microsoft Server Essentials 1 (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 021||Cisco Network Fundamentals (CISCO-1) (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 021L||Introduction to Business Computing Laboratory (1.0 Lab)||1.0|
|Work Experience (WRK 300GW)||4.0|
IT Help Desk Technician Careers
- Ability to learn new software and hardware
- Active listening skills
- Understanding and analysis of technical issues
- Understanding of computer systems and application support
- Able to assessing customer support needs
- Attention to Detail
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Patience and empathy
Careers in the Field
- Help Desk Engineer
- IT Support Specialist
- Desktop Support Technician
- Service Desk Analyst
- IT Specialist - Customer Support
- Computer Technician
- IT End User Support
- Support Engineer
- IT Operations Specialist