IT Help Desk Technician Certificate
Gain the skills for an entry-level position in IT support with this certificate.
IT Help Desk Technician Certificate of Achievement
The goal of the Certificate of Achievement in IT helpdesk technician is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills required for a variety of entry level positions in the field IT support. The program includes foundation courses that aligned with industry certificates and a wide range of skill-builder courses.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will install, configure and support computing devices and software.
- Students will connect, maintain and support computing devices on a network.
- Students will advise and support users in their IT needs.
Meet the Following Requirements
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks inMy Mission Portalto view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Curriculum Courses (12.0 units)
Elective Courses (Minimum of 6.0 Units)
Students can take any combination of the following courses.
|CIT 017||Cyber Security Essentials (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 078||Microsoft Server Essentials 1 (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 021||Cisco Network Fundamentals (CISCO-1) (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 021L||Introduction to Business Computing Laboratory (1.0 Lab)||1.0|
|WRK 300GW||Work Experience||1.0-4.0|
|Total Required Units||18.0 - 20.0|
IT Help Desk Technician Careers
- Ability to learn new software and hardware
- Active listening skills
- Understanding and analysis of technical issues
- Understanding of computer systems and application support
- Able to assessing customer support needs
- Attention to Detail
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Patience and empathy
Careers in the Field
- Help Desk Engineer
- IT Support Specialist
- Desktop Support Technician
- Service Desk Analyst
- IT Specialist - Customer Support
- Computer Technician
- IT End User Support
- Support Engineer
- IT Operations Specialist