Mechatronics Technology Certificate of Achievement
Mechatronic technology is an interdisciplinary field that combines the study of mechanics, electronics, automation, and computers. Certificate of Achievement in Mechatronic Technology prepares students to work in various industries. Depending on the course track selected, students gain specialized technical skills in electrical, electronic and/or mechanical industry environment.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will analyze and integrate electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems and devices.
- Students will demonstrate written and verbal communication skills through technical documentation and oral presentations.
- Students will troubleshoot and repair electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems and devices.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
General Education credits are not required for the certificate.
Plus at least 14.0 units from the following electives
|EGR 025||Engineering Graphics and Design (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|MTT 020||Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Process Control Systems (1.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||2.0|
|MTT 022||Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Robotic System Components (1.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||2.0|
|MTT 030||Electrical Motors and Control Systems (1.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||2.0|
|MTT 032||Microcontroller Systems (1.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||2.0|
|MTT 034||Fluid Power Systems (1.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||2.0|
|MTT 040||Analog Circuits and Semiconductor Devices (1.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||2.0|
|MTT 042||Digital Logic Systems (1.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||2.0|
|MTT 050||Digital Manufacturing (1.0 Lecture / 1.0 Lab)||2.0|
|Total Required Units||18.0-24.0|
Career opportunities include the following: robotics technician, field service technician, industrial maintenance technician, engineering technician, electromechanical technician, research and development technician.