Project Management Certificate of Achievement
Mission College offers an 18-unit Project Management Certificate to students who successfully complete 18 or more units of coursework as outlined below. This certificate prepares students with the necessary skills required to successfully manage a project and to prepare for the PMP® or CAPM® certification exams.
Topics covered include project integration, scope, cost management, software tools, project control, human resource management, risk management, quality management, procurement management, communications management and PMP®/ CAPM® test preparation.
This certification is noted on the student’s college transcript informing future employers, admissions offices to colleges, and professional institutions that the student has received specialized training in project management.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate the project life cycles and processes in the application of a project.
- Students identify and describe the 10 Project Management Knowledge areas with key inputs/outputs, tools, and techniques.
Meet the Following Requirements
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Curriculumn Courses (6.0 units)
Select a minimum of 12.0 units
|BUS 038||Applied Project Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 041||Beginning Business Analytics (2.5 Lecture / 0.5 Lab)||3.0|
|BUS 102||Leadership (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 104||Project Risk Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 105||Agile Project Management (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|BUS 107||Soft Skills for Project Managers (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|BUS 115||Operations Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 048||Microsoft Project (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|Total Required Units||18.0|
Project Control Specialist, Business Analyst, Junior Project Manager, Facilities Planner, IT Project Manager, Finance Project Manager, Risk Manager, Assistant Construction Project Manager and Software Project Manager. Accrediting/Licensing Requirements: As part of the CTE program update the department is evaluated every two years.